Thursday, August 05, 2004

Old man with broken back

Mom has taken the boys to the grocery store, despite her earlier threats (or promises?) to "never take you any where again".
While waiting in line (which is very long because back then there were no express lines and the cashier had to punch in the price of every item), Brian pushes the shopping cart into the 60-ish gentleman in front of him. Mom apologizes to the man, then proceeds to scream through her teeth at Brian, "you could have knocked him OVER!!" Despite the fact that Brian is 40 lbs. and couldn't knock over a whiffle bat, he says nothing and solemnly bows his head.

I merely mention this because this same thing happened last year except Madelyn was me and I was Mom. I literally could not stop my mouth from saying, "Madelyn, you could have knocked him OVER!!" This despite the fact that Madelyn weighs blah blah blah.................

1 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger The Andyman Can said...

I would like to add the following, as I remember vividly:

[through clenched teeth]
I... AM... NEVER... TAKING... YOU ... SHOPPING... AGAIN!

This, of course, followed the ritual of the three of us (deservedly) being dragged out of the mall to the station wagon. Well, not dragged... just trying to keep pace with a woman thoroughly replete of our antics.

Mother, lest you worry, all this stuff will merely be the highlights on your reel at the Sainthood Induction Ceremony.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home